At ruralvía, we are well aware of the need to safeguard the transmission of data between the banks and its customers.
We therefore employ a comprehensive range of security measures that guarantee the confidentiality of your electronic communications.
Access codes and digital signature card.
Each new ruralvía Home Banking customer receives his own set of personal access codes (username, password and telephone PIN), as well as a digital signature card (coordinates card), necessary to guarantee the maximum level of security when conducting banking transactions.
- Username: Personal and non-transferable code.
- Password: Automatically system-generated code that must be changed by the customer when accessing ruralvía for the first time. It is advisable not to use weak or easily guessed passwords.
- Telephone PIN: Each time a customer accesses the ruralvía Telephone Banking service, by dialling telephone number 902 310 902, he is required to identify himself with his ruralvía username and telephone PIN.
- Digital signature card (Coordinates Card):
- ruralvía allows customers to perform a wide variety of transactions. In order to guarantee maximum security, the customer will be asked to confirm the transaction by entering the signature coordinate requested by the system.
- Because of their financial significance, certain transactions such as transfers (national, salary, periodic, abroad and immediate payment) require two signature coordinates.
- The first coordinate must be entered on the data confirmation screen. Once ruralvía has verified the validity of the first coordinate, the customer will be asked to enter a second coordinate.
- For any further questions, please contact our customer assistance service on 902 310 902.